- Sun 19 Mar 2017
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- British Council John Grierson Documentary Series
- Free entry
- Free entry tickets will be re-allocated to waiting customers five minutes after screening start time
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
- Rating: M - Offensive Language
Thought-provoking documentary on war propaganda: how governments manipulate the facts and how most media let them get away with it.
The War You Don't See' is a powerful and timely investigation into the media's role in war, tracing the history of 'embedded' and independent reporting from the carnage of World War One to the destruction of Hiroshima, and from the invasion of Vietnam to the current war in Afghanistan and disaster in Iraq. As weapons and propaganda become even more sophisticated, the nature of war is developing into an 'electronic battlefield' in which journalists play a key role, and civilians are the victims.
Includes an interview with WikiLeaks founder and editor-in-chief Julian Assange.
UK, 2010, Colour, 97 min.
Dir. Alan Lowery and John Pilger