- Sun 18 Mar 2018
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- British Council John Grierson Documentary Series
- Free entry, donations appreciated
- Free entry tickets will be re-allocated to waiting customers five minutes after screening start time
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
- Rated: Exempt
The story of doomed playwright Andrea Dunbar who wrote about the difficult life she endured growing up in England’s Bradford housing projects.
A mix of documentary and fictional elements tells the story of doomed playwright Andrea Dunbar, who wrote about the difficult life she endured growing up in England's Bradford housing projects. Archival footage featuring Dunbar is presented, along with interviews with family members, including her daughter, Lorraine, who led a similarly troubled life. Excerpts from Dunbar's most famous play, ‘The Arbor’, are performed on the streets of her hometown and at Buttershaw Estates, where she lived.
UK, 2010, Colour, 94 min., Rated Exempt, Dir. Clio Barnard