- Sun 29 May 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: Exempt
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- Free Entry
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
As part of the ongoing Exhibition film series, we are proud to offer a screening of Amator by Directors Selina Ershadi and Azita Chegini.
When artist and filmmaker Selina Ershadi’s plans to accompany her mother Azita Chegini on a trip to Iran to make a film fell through, Selina asked Azita to take her handycam with her on a three week trip home to record walking through the Alborz mountains that surround Tehran.
What emerges is a series of fragmented glimpses into Azita’s experience of grappling with what it means to be a cameraperson, documenting one’s lived experience. Narrated with Azita’s diaristic reflections, moving between past and present, Amator strives for a narrative multiplicity, challenging singular authorship or notions of mastery in favour of something slow, intuitive, and imperfectly pieced together by love.
Screened in association with the exhibition ‘There is no other home but this’
2019 | Documentary | 35 mins| Dir. Selina Ershadi and Azita Chegini