- Wed 6 Jul 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: TBC
- Adult $17.50
- Student $14.00
- Sen $12.50
- Child $12.00
- Alliance $14.50
- Booking essential
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
The remarkable Vincent Lindon reunites with acclaimed writer/director Stéphane Brizé for the stunning ANOTHER WORLD, delivering a powerhouse turn as a driven white-collar manager torn between duty to his job, his family and his principles.
Lindon plays Philippe Lemesle, an executive who oversees the regional factory of an industrial multi-national. He has dedicated his life to the company, balancing relations with his employees while placating his bosses and their American overlords. But it’s come at a high personal cost - he and partner Anne (the amazing Sandrine Kiberlain, Lindon’s ex-wife in real life) are separating, and his relationship with troubled son Lucas (In The Name Of The Land’s Anthony Bajon) is also collapsing. So when the already-frayed Philippe is tasked by management with a downsizing operation, he faces a major crisis of conscience.
Harnessing the humanist spirit of Ken Loach, Brizé’s intimate and emotionally engaging film is a clear-eyed look at the pressures of modern society. Lindon is truly astounding, finding empathy and pathos as a man backed into a corner, but who decides to fight back. He - and the film - is a knockout.
2021 | Drama | 97 min | Dir. Stéphane Brizé | In French & English with English subtitles