Italian Film Festival 2023
- Sat 10 Jun 2023
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- Face coverings optional
- General $17
- Concession $12 for seniors, students, gallery friends and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked.
A rom-com where the roles are reversed: finally there’s woman at the center of the story, with her own fears, insecurities and, above all, with her own strength and courage. Because I think the time has come to finally show also these aspects of the feminine.
Valeria seems to have her life completely figured out, going through men in succession without regrets and never looking back. As coach of a female volleyball team, her instruction and mentorship go well beyond the game itself. Valeria encourages her girls to be independent, and she instructs them on how to avoid pain in affairs of the heart.
Valeria herself has only really loved one man, her ex-boyfriend Marco who broke her heart only a year ago. When an accident suddenly thrusts Marco back into her life, Valeria decides the time has come to exact her revenge on him. But it won't be as easy as she thinks.
- Paolo Rotondo
IT | 2021 | Romantic Comedy | 95 min | Dir. Francesca Marino | In Italian with English subtitles