- Sun 17 Oct 2021
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- Free entry
- All welcome | Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Free entry tickets will be re-allocated to waiting customers five minutes after screening start time
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
Eight incredible films selected by the Goethe-Institut New Zealand screen across five weekends in October and November, a treat for film lovers with the newest movies from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Lisa is moving out. Mara is left behind. As boxes are shifted, walls painted and cupboards built, abysses begin to open up, yearnings fill the room and an emotional rollercoaster is set in motion. A tragicomic catastrophe film. A poetic ballad about change and transience.
The Swiss twin brothers Ramon and Silvan Zürcher compose a poetic panopticon of forms of human relationships, that meanders between a study of everyday life, a fairy-tale and a psychological portrait of a brittle world.
After their Berlinale-hit THE STRANGE LITTLE CAT (2013), THE GIRL AND THE SPIDER is the second instalment of a trilogy about human togetherness. A ballad about the need for closeness and the pain of separation.
2021 | Drama | 98 min | Dir. Ramon Zürcher, Silvan Zürcher | In German with English Subtitles