- Wed 31 Aug 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: R13
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- All tickets $5
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
Diana’s Wedding is a loud homage to diving head-first into a relationship. A comedy about two people who never stop loving each other despite occasionally hating each other’s guts.
It’s July 29, 1981. In the majestic St Paul’s Cathedral in London, Lady Diana Spencer marries Prince Charles. The same day, another celebration takes place in the canteen of a Norwegian small-town factory. It’s the newly-weds LIV and TERJE’S wedding party. In the pram lies their new-born daughter, DIANA, who, like her famous namesake, will be facing a lot of chaos in the years to come thanks to her parents.
The wedding, and following years, are less glamorous than the royal counterpart, but indisputably much more fun. Through the eyes of Diana, we witness the rollercoaster of her parent’s marriage. To her, they are the worst parents in the world. Miles away from doing a decent job, constantly fighting yet still in love by the time Diana is preparing for her own marriage 30 years later.
★★★★ "A film humming with vitality and performances so gloriously uninhibited" - The Sydney Morning Herald
2020 | Drama/Comedy/Romance | 90 min | Dir. Charlotte Blom