- Sat 18 Jun 2022
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- Rating: M
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- General $17.00
- Concession $12.00 for seniors, students and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
A downtrodden man experiences an ethical crisis and travels back to his hometown in rural Italy to recalibrate his moral compass.
Veteran actor Joe Pantoliano (The Sopranos) shines in this charming comedy about a top Italian-American executive in late middle age who rejects the rat race and returns to his hometown in Italy to tend to his late grandfather’s vineyard.
Against all advice, he decides to make wine, although he knows nothing about how to
do so. Pantoliano is the anchor to this story, with his wonderful and occasional prickliness becoming the strength of his characterisation. The Italian ensemble of supporting actors are
a perfect foil for our protagonist.
The setting of From the Vine, is the ancient southern town of Acerenza in Basilicata, where the
famous Aglianico Wine comes from. You may very likely seek one immediately after the screening
- Paolo Rotondo
2019 | Drama | 97 min | Dir. Sean Cisterna