- Thu 23 Jun 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- General $17.00
- Concession $12.00 for seniors, students and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
Antonio is expelled from Switzerland to Italy against his will. For years he lives in poverty in the Po floodplains, but he never gives up his passion for drawing. The story of Antonio Ligabue, a revolutionary loner in modern art.
Hidden Away tells the true story of Italian artist Antonio Ligabue. The narrative chronicles the
life of Ligabue from his humble beginnings as a foster child in Switzerland, through his time in a psychiatric hospital, to becoming a prominent, and successful painter.
Germano conveys both naivety and the inner torment of a man who suffered terrible loneliness and neglect before his extraordinary talent was discovered. This is a beautifully crafted film, where the cinematography takes its cues from painting but never falls into the trap of emulating the painter′s work.
The atmosphere and natural beauty of the Alto Adige and Reggio Emilia regions with the collective farms and elegant architecture are stunning.
- Paolo Rotondo
2020 | Drama/Biography | 120 min | Dir. Giorgio Diritti