- 10 - 28 Jan 2022. 10:30 am
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- Rated G
- Free Entry
- First in - First Serve
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Show Vaccine Pass
- o Mandatory Sign-in
- o Face coverings encouraged
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
Every school holidays we play free films for children courtesy of Mini-Square Eyes Film Foundation.
Be the very first to see this brand new animated adventure on screen, based on the much-loved book by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler, and brought to brilliant animated life by Magic Light Pictures and Blue Zoo.
Superworm is super-long and super-strong with amazing skills and a big heart—whether he's saving baby toad from an accident, rescuing beetle from falling down a well, or even good-naturedly offering himself up as a skipping rope for some bored bees.
Superworm and his best friend Butterfly make a terrific team. But what happens when Superworm gets too full of himself and starts to ignore his friends? When the wicked Wizard Lizard sends his servant Crow on a worm-napping mission, Butterfly must come to the rescue, convincing the other creatures to help her with a daring plan.
Featuring the magnificent voice talent of Oscar-winner Olivia Colman as narrator, Emmy nominee Matt Smith as Superworm, Patricia Allison as Butterfly, Kobna Holdbrook-Smith as Wizard Lizard, and Rob Brydon as the Crow.
2021 | Animation | 25 min | Dir. Jac Hamman and Sarah Scrimgeour