- Sun 26 Jun 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- All tickets $25 (includes drinks and canapes)
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
The Opening Night film of the Cinema Italiano Festival 2022, proudly launching nationwide first in New Plymouth, brought to you by Studio Italia. Tickets $25 Includes drinks and canapes upon arrival.
Refreshments from 6.30 pm Screening follows at 7 pm
Distinguished by an outstanding cast in top form, this stylish and involving new drama from
award-winning writer/director Daniele Luchetti, charts the lives of a middle-class Italian family
across three decades.
The once- happy union between Aldo (Luigi Lo Cascio) and his wife Vanda (a superb Alba Rohrwacher) is ruptured one evening when Aldo admits, unprompted, that he has been unfaithful. Equally hurt and bewildered, Vanda attempts to hide her pain from the couple's two school-age kids.
Thirty years later, Aldo and Vanda are still together, but their relationships with each other and grown up children, Anna and Sandro, continue to be defined by what happened all those years
It is the first Italian film in over a decade to open the Venice
- Paolo Rotondo
2020 | Drama | 100 min | Dir. Daniele Luchetti | In Italian with English subtitles