- Fri 11 Oct - Sun 27 Oct
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- Presented by the Embassy of Brazil New Zealand
- Free entry
- Tickets can be booked online or issued at the Gallery on the day of each screening on a first come, first served basis
- Unfortunately no reservations by phone.
- Please take your seat 10 mins before the film starts as otherwise empty seats will be re-allocated
- Wheelchair spaces available. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
- Various Ratings
LASFF is an annual non-profit event which aims to bring together Latin American, Spanish and other New Zealand communities through the big screen.
The Latin America & Spain Film Festival (LASFF) is a cultural event dedicated to contemporary cinematographic productions from Latin America and Spain.
It's also a non-profit event which aims to gather both Latin America and Spain, and other communities in New Zealand through the big screen.
The Festival is run by all the Latin American and Spanish Embassies resident in Wellington along with other Latin American Embassies based in Canberra, Australia.
This year's festival is organised by the Brazilian Embassy with participating nations from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela.
The selection includes a wide range of genres, topics and styles, giving the general public and cinephiles a chance to immerse themselves into the languages – Spanish and Portuguese – as well as the cultural and social aspects of the countries.
While still based in Wellington, LASFF is travelling to Birkenhead, Upper Hutt, Christchurch, Hamilton, Wanganui, Palmerston North and New Plymouth, with the support of academics, cultural associations and students.