- Mon 19 Jul 2021
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- Rating: M
- General $12
- Concession $10 for seniors, students, gallery friends and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
A single mother balances taking care of her mother during her fight with cancer while dealing with a corruption scandal at work.
Between raising her young son, taking care of her ill-tempered, cancer-battling mother, navigating her career as a top-notch lawyer dealing with a major corruption scandal, Silvia (Carolina Sanín) could very well be on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
And what if the answer to all this was simply... love?
"...the movie often nails the fractiousness, fear and pain of caring for a dying loved one, driven home by immaculate performances from Sanin, Gomez and Sarria as two generations of women with more in common than they might like to admit." - The Hollywood Reporter
★★★★ "...one woman's struggle to stay afloat with authenticity and grace" - NZ Herald
2019 | FR/CO | 93 min | Dir. Franco Lolli