- Sat 24 Sep 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: Exempt
- Face coverings optional
- General $14
- Concession $10 for seniors, students, gallery friends and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
An intimate look at Steve McCurry, best known for his famed photograph `Afghan Girl', who has braved hardship and personal risk over his 40-year career to create some of the most enduring images of our time.
MCCURRY: THE PURSUIT OF COLOR is the first intimate feature length portrait of the contemporary photojournalist Steve McCurry. The one thing more poignant than McCurry’s pictures is his tumultuous 40-year career, which he’s spent travelling the globe essentially alone, capturing candid snapshots depicting the complexity of human life.
Exclusive interview with family, friends, colleagues, and with the photographer himself, bring to life the stories behind some of the most iconic photographs of the 20th century. With unique access to the photographer’s creative process and unpublished images, we discover how McCurry’s vulnerabilities set him on the path to greatness and we witness first-hand his commitment to record what defines and unites humankind. A race against time in an increasingly fractured and culturally homogenous world.
2021 | Documentary | 90 min | Dir. Denis Delestrac