- Tue 21 Jun 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: Exempt
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- General $17.00
- Concession $12.00 for seniors, students and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
A thief and a priest end up magically transported in the year 0's Palestine, where they'll have to make sure that the Nativity will follow its course.
In Italy, Salvatore Ficarra and Valentino Picone are very popular comedians.
Once Upon a Time...in Bethlehemhad over two million admissions at the Italian box office.
The set-up: a priest and an atheist thief are magically transported to the year 0, where they have to make sure that the Nativity (of baby Jesus) follows its rightful course. The opportunities
for gags are endless; I suspect they nearly used them all.
Picone and Ficarra play the leads and co-direct. I especially loved Massimo Popolizio, who plays a volcanic Herod, incensed by the prospect of the birth of the King of Kings.
Irreverent, silly, clever and very entertaining.
- Paolo Rotondo
2019 | Comedy | 105 min | Dir. Salvatore Ficarra & Valentino Picone