- Wed 8 Dec 2021
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- All tickets $5
- Booking recommended
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Show Vaccine Pass
- o Mandatory Sign-in
- o Face coverings to be worn
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
A truffle hunter who lives alone in the Oregonian wilderness must return to his past in Portland in search of his beloved foraging pig after she is kidnapped.
A truffle hunter, Robin “Rob” Feld (Nicolas Cage), lives in the Oregon wilderness with his beloved Pig. The pet cum salient companion to Rob’s loneliness helps him to seek buried truffle (a strong-smelling underground fungus) in the woods. The culinary delicacy is traded to a city’s rich lad, Amir (Alex Wolff), in return for money and other necessities.
Rob lives in the woods without a ripple until a couple kidnaps his Pig. With the help of Amir, Rob embarks on a journey to find his Pig and return back to his peace as soon as possible. However, the clues take him back to his hometown, Portland, the lands he avoided. Still, the journey becomes inevitable due to a sudden loss.
- Digital Mafia Talkies
"At a time when so many people are struggling to find something of value in their lives, when people are fleeing jobs, cities, futures they thought they wanted, Cage has crafted a quiet soliloquy about grasping on to something that has meaning. In some ways, this is one of his most emotionally brutal films."
- Richard Whittaker - The Austin Chronicle
2021 | Drama | 92 min | Dir. Michael Sarnoski