- Postponed to Wed 23 Feb
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- All tickets $20 (Ticket includes Pitchblack Playback eye mask for extra darkness)
- Cash Bar from 6:30 pm
- Booking recommended
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Show Vaccine Pass
- o Mandatory Sign-in
- o Face coverings encouraged
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- Latecomers will not be permitted and refunds will not be offered. This is an album listening session in the dark, not a live performance of any kind. Please come prepared to give the album your full concentration. Please do not talk or sing!
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
Pitchblack Playback is a series of listening sessions inviting the music-loving public to hear upcoming album releases and classic LPs like never before in cinemas and other intimate spaces.
But that’s not all. To ensure that there’s no distractions and that you're totally immersed in the music, our events are staged in the dark. It’s just you and the music. Your sense of hearing is heightened when your vision is cut off and it only serves to make the music feel more intense. In today's stressful modern world, we all need spaces where we can cut ourselves off from the noise and distraction of daily life.
Pitchblack Playback: Nick Cave & Warren Ellis 'Carnage'
Experience Nick Cave's latest masterpiece alongside Bad Seeds member Warren Ellis in all its cinematic glory at Pitchblack Playback's exclusive listening session in the dark. No distractions; just you and the music and our surround sound system.
Ticket includes Pitchblack Playback eye mask for extra darkness.
Latecomers will not be permitted and refunds will not be offered. This is an album listening session in the dark, not a live performance of any kind. Please come prepared to give the album your full concentration. Please do not talk or sing!
"The future of music listening" - The Guardian
"This sounds great" - Rick Rubin
As recommended by The Guardian, GQ, Time Out, Metro, Newsweek, New Statesman and The Londonist.
"Very revealing" - Richard Russell
“Considering how much listening I do in life for work and pleasure I’ve actually never had an experience like this: big loud PA, all lights off, darkness all around, comfy couch and eye mask to experience the album in its full intensity and without any distractions whatsoever.” - GRAMMY Award-winning engineer, Marc Urselli
"I have an out-of-body experience every time I go" - Jonny, artist manager