Power of Rome
Italian Film Festival 2023
- Thu 15 Jun 2023
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: Exempt
- Face coverings optional
- General $17
- Concession $12 for seniors, students, gallery friends and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked.
Edoardo Leo roams the streets of his native Rome looking at it with fresh eyes. Between odd encounters, getaways, unexpected twists, and surreal moments in which he'll find himself caught by the faces and voices of the "Roman Gods"
Proud Roman, Edoardo Leo leads us on a captivating journey through the many wonders of the Eternal City. Leo (also in Breaking Up in Rome) wanders through the streets of his native Rome, offering a fresh perspective on the city that has risen and fallen many times through the ages.
Rome is a repository of living history, where the past is never truly in the past.
This excellent and very creative documentary traces the birth of the Roman Empire with some of its memorable protagonists, like Emperor Augustus or the mad Nero. We can feel the power from the spectacle of the Colosseum. In Rome, Architecture reflects personalities and dynasties.
We are led through Constantine’s era and we can marvel at Hadrian’s villa’s beauty. In original and unexpected ways, this documentary creates awe and wonder as it captures the spirit of one of the most influential cities in shaping the Western world.
- Paolo Rotondo
“The documentary has a grand, cinematic feel that showcases Rome. See how Rome is depicted as a city that has fallen more than once but risen to be the power that it is.”
- Maria P Frino. Weekend Note
IT | 2022 | Documentary | 83 min | Dir. Giovanni Troila | In Italian with English subtitles