- Sun 25 Aug 2019
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- Presented by the Goethe-Institut NZ
- Free entry
- Tickets can be booked online or issued at the Gallery on the day of each screening on a first come, first served basis
- Unfortunately no reservations by phone.
- Please take your seat 10 mins before the film starts as otherwise empty seats will be re-allocated
- Wheelchair spaces available. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
- Rating: PG
While her dad is watching over her as an astronaut from outer space, Rocca lives alone with her squirrel and is attending a normal school for the first time in her life.
Brave, funny, and one of a kind: that’s Rocca. Rocca is 11years old and lives a rather unique life. At school, her carefree and non-conformist way of life instantly stands out. She fearlessly confronts the class bullies, because first and foremost Rocca stands up for justice. That’s why she makes friends with the homeless Caspar and tries to help him. She is also attempting to win her grandmother’s heart. With never-ending optimism, Rocca proves, together with her new friends, that even a child has the power to change the world.
Text: German Films
Director: Katja Benrath
Screenplay: Hilly Martinek
Cinematography: Torsten Breuer
Editor: Jan Ruschke
Music: Annette Focks
With: Luna Maxeiner, Mina Tander, Michael Maertens, Cordula Stratmann, Detlev Buck, Barbara Sukowa, Fahri Yardim
Producer: Tobias Rosen
Duration: 100 mins
Language: German (with English Subtitles)
Festivals selection: German Film Festival Portland 2019, KINO Fest Seattle 2019, Filem’On Brussels 2019, Zlín 2019, Giffoni 2019, Transilvania IFF 2019, Riga IFF 2019, Biberacher Filmfestspiele 2019, Int. FF for Children & Young People Yerevan 2019, Schlingel Chemnitz 2019, Festival des Deutschen Films Ludwigshafen 2019