- Fri 8 Jul 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: TBC
- Adult $17.50
- Student $14.00
- Sen $12.50
- Child $12.00
- Alliance $14.50
- Booking essential
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
A touching film telling the story of a father desperate to reconnect with his daughter and who will go to any lengths and correct the mistakes of his past.
Rumba Therapy is a feel-good comedy made by actor-turned-Director Franck Dubosc who plays Tony, a bus driver in his 50s, going through a midlife crisis. He lives alone, having abandoned his wife and baby decades earlier. Deciding to reconnect with his daughter (Louna Espinosa), who has become a dance teacher, Tony signs up for her classes, even though he hates dancing and has two left feet.
Following the success of Rolling to You, another story of middle-aged reinvention, Dubosc harnesses that same endearing comedy to highlight the emotional vulnerability of an older man searching for greater meaning in life. It’s the kind of relatable melodrama that makes audiences root for the most unlikely of characters.
Rumba Therapy is all about getting out of your comfort zone and sheds a tenderly funny light on father-daughter relationships in adulthood.
2021 | Comedy | 103 min | Dir. Franck Dubosc