- Sat 10 Dec - Sat 17 Dec 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: Various
- Face coverings optional
- General $15
- Concession $10 for seniors, students, gallery friends and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
The Len Lye Cinema is honoured to present a Spotlight on Godard (1931-2022) in association with StudioCanal
No one has influenced modern filmmaking more than this French New Wave pioneer, who remains our greatest lyricist on historical trauma, religion, and the legacy of cinema. - (Criterion)
One of the most acclaimed directors of our time, his resume spans seven decades and includes his seminal work from the 60s such as his groundbreaking debut À Bout de Souffle (Breathless - 1960), Le Mépris (Contempt - 1963), Pierrot le Fou (Crazy Pete - 1965) and his Golden Bear-winning Alphaville (1965).
The masterful writer/director was one of the main influences of France's New Wave thanks to his distinctive style and innovative film techniques. His boundary-pushing work inspired other leading figures from François Truffaut to Claude Chabrol and Jacques Rivette.
STUDIOCANAL is proud to have represented his revolutionary films across his career, and is deeply saddened to have lost one of cinema's great treasures.
Adieu Jean-Luc Godard.
A Woman is a Woman
Sun 11 Dec | 10:30 am
Pierrot Le Fou
Sat 10 Dec | 3:00 pm
Sun 11 Dec | 3:00 pm
Le Mepris | Contempt
Sat 17 Dec | 3:00 pm
See individual listings for booking details