- Sun 3 Nov 2019
- Len Lye Centre Cinema
- Proudly Presented by the Embassy of Japan in New Zealand and the Japan Foundation
- Rated: PG
- Free entry
- Tickets can be booked online or issued at the Gallery.
- Unfortunately no reservations by phone.
- Please take your seat 10 mins before the film starts as otherwise empty seats will be re-allocated
- Wheelchair spaces available. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
Twenty-somethings Hisashi and Mai are engaged. When suddenly Mai's heart stops and she falls into a coma all Hisashi can do is remain by her side.
Based on a true story, Hisashi and Mai are an engaged couple who couldn’t be happier. Three months before their wedding Mai suddenly falls into a deep coma. Mai’s parents encourage Hisashi to find someone else, but he refuses to give up and stays by her side. Mai slowly regains consciousness, but tragically has suffered brain damage leaving her no memory of Hisashi. He’s devastated, but continues to visit Mai every day. Eight years later, a miracle occurs.
JP, 2017, 119 min., Dir. Takahisa Zeze