- Mon 20 Jun 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: G
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- General $17.00
- Concession $12.00 for seniors, students and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
The extraordinary adventure of the young members of the Piedmont Speleological Group who, having already explored all the caves of Northern Italy, changed course in August 1961 and went South to explore other caves unknown to man.
Set in the 1960s (a period of economic prosperity in Europe), Il Buco captures the journey of a group of young speleologists exploring the bottom of the Bifurto Abyss, which at 687 meters (2,254 feet) is one of the world’s deepest caves.
Their journey begins in the neighboring village, whose residents barely register their presence. Scenes of life moving along — the townspeople washing their clothes, watching television, slaughtering livestock, eating, laughing and playing — make up the beginning of the film. After a few days, the men pack their belongings and head toward the mountain, where the old shepherd sits and watches.
2021 | Drama | 93 min | Dir. Michelangelo Frammartino