The Last Bus
- Thu 19 May 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- General $14
- Concession $10 for seniors, students, gallery friends and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
The great Timothy Spall leads this British tale as a lone elderly man who travels the country by using only buses, a seemingly simple journey that may end up making him famous.
A heart-warming tale of Tom (Timothy Spall), a pensioner whose wife, Mary (Phyllis Logan), has just passed away, who travels from Britain's most northerly point, John O'Groats, to his original home town at its most southerly point, Land's End, using his free bus pass.
He carries with him only a small suitcase, travelling the length of the country with it. Along the way, his adventures are recorded by the people he meets and helps, and by the end of his trip he has unwittingly become a social media celebrity.
2021 | Drama | 86 min | Dir. Gillies MacKinnon