- Sat 25 Jun 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: Exempt
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- General $17.00
- Concession $12.00 for seniors, students and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
An Award wining documentary that recounts the lives of Roberto Rossellini's children from the perspective of Alessandro Rossellini, the first grandson of the director.
It must be challenging to carry the name of your undisputed genius grandfather Roberto Rossellini “...you’re expected to be cultured and creative by nature.”
Alessandro is the first grandson of the great director, and understandably he doesn’t feel he is living up to his surname, in fact, he perceives that the entire multi-ethnic clan suffer a chronic state of insecurity called “Rossellinitis”. So at age 55, he embarks on making a film to explore what it means to be a ‘Rossellini’
A kind of ironic, self-conscious, often hilarious piece of cinema as therapy. Alessandro’s approach often elicits hostility, and suddenly what seems like self-indulgence shines a light
on the family disconnect. It is fascinating hearing Isabella Rossellini tell of the weighty and expensive birthright that her name carries.
A superbly entertaining peek behind the curtain and through generations of the personal legacy left by a true giant of cinema.
- Paolo Rotondo
Winner/Best Documentary, David di Donatello Awards
Winner/ Best Documentary, Nastri d’Argento Awards
Winner/ Best Documentary, Best Cinematography, Latvian National Film Awards
2020 | Documentary | 99 min | Dir. Alessandro RosselliniLorenzo d'Amico de Carvalho