- Mon 20 Jun 2022
- Len Lye Cinema
- Rating: M
- In line with current New Zealand restrictions for cinemas, conditions of entry to all Cinema screenings under the Covid-19 Protection Framework are:
- o Face coverings to be worn
- General $17.00
- Concession $12.00 for seniors, students and community service card holders (with valid ID)
- Booking recommended
- As there is no allocated seating doors open 15 minutes before screenings, please come early to avoid disappointment
- To minimise disruption no admittance to cinema 10 minutes after session starts
- Hearing loop provided for the hearing impaired
- Wheelchair spaces available. Free entry for a companion to assist an audience member who has a disability. Companion seat is automatically allocated when a wheelchair space is booked
The story of three families living in three apartments in the same bourgeois condominium.
Featuring a tremendous ensemble cast, the new drama from award-winning writer/ director, Nanni Moretti traces the disparate lives of three families who reside in the same apartment block in Rome′s stylish Prati neighbourhood.
On the first floor, a young couple (Riccardo Scamarcio & Elena Lietti) grapple with suspicion about their elderly neighbour. On the second, a mother (Alba Rohrwacher, also in The Ties) of two children fights loneliness and the spectre of madness in the absence of her inattentive, always-at-work husband. And finally on the third, a retired judge (Margherita Buy) looks back on her past with her husband (Moretti), as they deal with their troubled twenty- year-old son.
As these stories begin to entwine, the ethical and moral choices each resident makes will trigger life-changing repercussions, setting the course for their next decade and future beyond.
2021 | Drama | 119 min | Dir. Nanni Moretti