Raffle to support acquisition of major work
Help the Govett-Brewster Foundation secure Brett Graham’s monumental sculpture Cease Tide of Wrong-Doing for the Gallery's permanent collection with the purchase of a raffle ticket.
Over the past 12-months the Govett-Brewster Foundation has been leading a campaign to acquire one of the most important and powerful art works seen in the Gallery in recent years for the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery’s permanent collection – Brett Graham’s Cease Tide of Wrongdoing.
We are almost there. To reach our target and ensure this nationally significant artwork can remain in public hands, at the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery, we are running a unique fundraising raffle to raise the last funds required.
Raffle to support Cease Tide of Wrong-Doing
The Govett-Brewster Foundation is offering art lovers and supporters across Aotearoa the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets to win business class tickets to the Venice Biennale.
We invite you to support this project through the purchase of a raffle ticket.
- 1st prize: Two business class air tickets to the Venice Biennale, valued at $22,000
The Venice Biennale is the pinnacle of the global art world, and the 2024 event will see the worlds latest contemporary art and leading artists presented across two curated exhibitions and many offsite venues throughout Venice, Italy. Tickets can be transferred to any other destination.
- 2nd prize: Unique hand finished print by artist Brett Graham, valued at $8,000
In recognition of Brett Graham’s powerfully remarkable exhibition Tai Moana Tai Tangata, for which Cease Tide of Wrong Doing was created, we are offering a second prize of a unique print by the artist.
Tickets are $1,000 each, and only 60 tickets are available.
For full terms and conditions, and to get your ticket click here.
We hope you will support us to acquire this important work!
RAFFLE RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This raffle is being run by the Govett-Brewster Foundation, organised by Zara Stanhope, c/o Govett-Brewster Art Gallery, Private Bag 2025, New Plymouth 4342.
- This raffle is licenced by the Department of Internal Affairs, licence number LT090000417
- This lottery seeks to raise funds in support of the acquisition of the artwork Cease Tide of Wrongdoing, by artist Brett Graham, for the permanent collection of the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery, New Plymouth.
- The first and second place tickets will be drawn by John Leuthart (Chair, Govett-Brewster Foundation) manually from a closed container at 3pm on Thursday 30 November 2023 at the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery | Len Lye Centre.
- Results will be notified by telephone to the winners, by email to all purchasers, listed as a news item on www.govettbrewster.com, and published in the Taranaki Daily News on 2 December 2023.
- The lottery is limited to a total of 60 tickets numbered sequentially 1-60. The raffle prizes are as follow:
– 1st prize: Two business class air travel tickets to the Venice Biennale up to the value of
– 2nd prize: Unique hand finished print by artist Brett Graham valued at $8,000.
- Air tickets cannot be redeemed for cash but are transferable to another destination. Any additional cost will be at the winner’s expense.
- Single entries to the raffle cost $1,000 each.
- Should the raffle be cancelled, any and all ticket holders will be contacted directly by email or telephone, and ticket purchases fully refunded.
- By licence issued under section 37 of the Gambling Act 2003: licence approval number issued by Licensing Compliance, Department of Internal Affairs, PO Box 10-095, Wellington 6143, tel: +64 4 495 7200.