Tena koutou, Tena koutou, Tena tatou katoa. Nau mai haere mai ki te Govett Brewster Art Gallery/Len Lye Centre.
The Govett-Brewster Art Gallery is New Zealand's contemporary art museum and home to the The Len Lye Centre – New Zealand’s first institution dedicated to a single artist, the pioneering filmmaker and kinetic sculptor, Len Lye.
Parts of the building are closed at certain times of the year to enable the changeover of exhibitions. These times are around Mar/Apr, Jul/Aug and Nov/Dec. If you're planning to visit around these times please check our exhibitions pages. Regardless, we are always be open seven days, with films and artworks for you to see.
NZ Sign Language welcome video.Play
All galleries and facilities are wheelchair accessible and a limited number of wheelchairs are available from reception. Assistance dogs are welcome. Baby-changing facilities available.
Please help us care for the art work:
- A coat and bag check is available at reception for valuables
- Please refrain from eating or drinking in our gallery spaces
- Feast your eyes, but please don’t touch the art work
- The Govett-Brewster Art Gallery/Len Lye Centre is a smoke-free area
- Feel free to take photographs for personal use, but do not use the flash and note that special conditions may apply to photography of some artworks
- WiFi available in all gallery spaces. Please respect fellow visitors when using personal mobile devices
- Please refrain from talking on mobile telephones in exhibition spaces and the cinema
Ask our friendly visitor services team if you’re unsure about anything, we are here to help!
Groups & Tours
Photography Policy and Application
Non-flash photography and filming is allowed in the galleries for personal, non-commercial purposes only. While there is not costs for this, donations are appreciated. In some exhibitions, photography and filming are completely prohibited.
Open seven days
10am – 5pm
Closed Christmas Day
From 4 Aug:
Visitors – $15
New Plymouth residents – Free
Under 16’s – Free
65+ years – $10
42 Queen Street
New Plymouth 4310
Aotearoa New Zealand
Post to us:
Private Bag 2025
New Plymouth 4342
Aotearoa New Zealand
+64 6 759 6060