The Friends of the Gallery are a membership group with a strong connection to the more social side of the art world.
Established in 1971, the Friends of the Gallery are an independent incorporated society whose purpose is to 'support the promote the interests of the Gallery.' Over the past five decades the Friends have helped organise exhibition openings, concerts and events, workshops and studio visits, and helped to fund equipment and acquisitions to the Gallery's permanent collection.
The Friends also have a social purpose, bringing people together both at and beyond the Gallery to share and explore art and ideas in a social setting.
Membership to the Friends is via an annual subscription, which brings access to Friends activities and events, plus the knowledge that you're actively contributing to and involved in the art and the action of the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery.
As a Friend you will receive:
- Invitations to Gallery exhibition openings
- Opportunities to attend special Friends events
- Discounted entry to the Gallery's Cinema (excludes film festivals and special events)
- Discounted entry to the Gallery's monthly Monica Brewster Evenings
- 10% discount at the Govett-Brewster Shop
- Subscription to the Friends regular email newsletter
- Discounted membership to New Plymouth Film Society
- The knowledge that you're actively supporting the Gallery and its work
Friends of the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery / Len Lye Centre
C/- Private Bag 2025 New Plymouth 4342
President: Bridget Sullivan
Treasurer: Chris Herlihy
Secretary: Agata Oleksiak